What do I need for my airside driving course at Gatwick?
When you book on to a course using the AIRDAT Passport system, you will be issued with details of precisely what you will need to bring with you. Items required for the majority of Airside Driving Courses are included in the list below.
- Your company must have a valid Airside Operators Licence (AOL), allowing them to operate airside.
- Your airside pass (to allow you access) - issued via your airport's ID Centre.
- A high-visibility jacket.
- Your medical certificate – This is dependent on course type and airport, but generally companies must provide evidence that you, as a driver, are fit to operate vehicles around the airport. This is usually done by visiting an Authorised Medical Examiner. AIRDAT provides ADP Driver Medical Sessions which can be booked via the Passport training management system.
- Your driver's licence photocard and (if applicable) its paper counterpart.
- Your AIRDAT login details. These are issued or confirmed when your details are registered on the Passport system and when you make a booking. They allow you to take the online test at the end of the session (if applicable).
LGW - Airside Safety Awareness eLearning course
To book Gatwick airside courses, drivers are required to have a valid LGW - Airside Safety Awareness eLearning assessment on record. This assessment is completed online via your Passport profile, and further details can be found here: LGW - Airside Safety Awareness eLearning
Airside Driver Permit (ADP) medicals
You can book individual medical sessions or even combined, same-day medical and ADP training courses via the AIRDAT Passport system, or by using our mobile app, AIRDAT VISA. Simply search for 'ADP Initial + Medical' or 'ADP Refresher + Medical' courses, or enter 'ADP Driver Medical Session' into the course search box when making a booking.