What do I need for my airside driving course at Gatwick?
When you book on to the courses using the AIRDAT Passport system, you will be issued with details of precisely what you will need to bring with you. Items required for the majority of Airside Driving Courses include:
- Firstly, your company must have a valid Airside Operators Licence (AOL), allowing them to operate airside.
- Your Airside Pass (to allow you access) - Issued via your airport's ID centre.
- A high visibility jacket.
- Your medical certificate – This is dependent on course type and airport, but generally companies must provide evidence that you as a driver are fit to operate vehicles around the airport. This is usually done by visiting an Authorised Medical Examiner. AIRDAT provides ADP Driver Medical Sessions which can be booked via the Passport training management system.
- Your drivers' licence photo card and (if applicable) paper counterpart.
- Your AIRDAT login details. These are issued to you upon registration and when you make a booking. They allow you to take the online test at the end of the session (if applicable)
LGW - Airside Safety Awareness eLearning course
To book Gatwick airside courses, you are now required to have a valid LGW - Airside Safety Awareness eLearning assessment on record. This assessment is completed online via your Passport profile, and further details can be found here: LGW - Airside Safety Awareness eLearning
Airside Driver Permit (ADP) Medicals
You can book individual medical sessions, or even combined medical and ADP training courses via the AIRDAT Passport system, or using our mobile app, VISA. Simply search for 'Medical + ADP Initial/Refresher' courses, or for 'ADP Driver Medical Session' when making a booking.